Anime Chat

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime Chat

Post by Tassi on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Re:19
Spoiler:
STOP KILLING OFF MY FAVE CHARACTERS!!!!! THIS IS NOT GAME OF THRONES!
SELSIA!!!!!!!!!!!
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:32 pm

I am disappointed with the people on Hell Girl. Whole new season and they rip through the storyline in 6 episodes before going on "Flashback to beginning season" eps......TWO EPISODES OF THEM DOING THAT SO FAR. WTF?!
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:57 pm

FALL ANIME HAS BEGUN!

http://anichart.net/Fall-2017

What are you looking forward to? What are ones that pique your curiosity?

Black Clover- So far from the first couple of episodes I may like it. Similar feel to some other series story wise but so far I like it.
Garo: Vanishing Line- Demons vs humans type scenario. Good animation. I like the characters. More to see since since only 1st episode is out.
Houseki no Kuni- Extremely unique use of style between 2D and 3D. Kinda cute. Not sure how I feel about it yet.
Hoozuki no Reitsu 2- OMG YUS FINALLY! MOAR!
Inuyashiki- The story sounds interesting. I almost feel like this is an alternate universe for master roshi from reading the synopsis but eps aren't out yet.
Juuni Taisen- Uber blood, gore, and violence. Battle Royale in Chinese Zodiac theme. So far it's one of my top new faves.
Kekkai Sensen and Beyond- YUUUUUUUS! NEW SEASON!
Maoutsukai no Yome- *FLAILS* I've been waiting for this since the 3 part mini series!
Ousama Game The Animation- Horror genre, someone named "The King" texts a classroom to do as they request or people get punished. And 1 student knows how this works because he was the survivor of the last Kings Game. So far I like the unique bits of gore and horror, characters are kinda meh but it may change. So far it's decent.
Fate/Stay Night I Presage Flower- Whoot! More Fate/Stay!
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by enail on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Very excited for the new season of 3Gatsu no Lion, which was a great, quiet-but-expressive character story with comfy daily life moments

I've checked out a few new ones so far:
Kujira no Kora wa Saijou ni Utau - I'm completely in love with this so far, gorgeous art and a really cool, fantastical setting, looks like it'll be a somewhat melancholy story of mystery and adventure
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko - two young girls in a post-apocalyptic setting, I found it a little slow but very atmospheric, might be interesting.
Mahoutsukai no Yome - I was kind of meh on the first episode, it didn't seem too original or captivating, but I could see it being a fun watch as it goes along. What was the mini-series like, Tassi?

Still want to watch
Inuyashiki
Ousama Game
and maybe Houseki no Kuni but mostly because I thought the gem-hair looked weirdly compelling to watch

Two or three is about all I usually manage in a season, though, so I'm going to be weeding out most of them in an episode or two, depending on how they look/recommendations.
enail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Mahoutsukai no Yome's mini series involved a little more about Chise's childhood. I'm thinking shortly after the death of her family and the rest of the relatives kind of passing her around. IDK if it will have any linkage to the TV series since I haven't read the manga. But basically she's already settled in the Mage's house, going through routine life. When a book gets sent to her that gives her nostalgia of that time when she was a kid, and she tells the mage a story about that book and the magical library she came upon then during her harsh childhood. Beautiful animation of course. I had feels. I hated having to wait forever for each episode to come out.
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:27 pm

Inuyashiki- WHAT THE EVER LIVING HELL DID I JUST WATCH!? @-@
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Madzimum Thrill on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:35 pm

Ancient Magus Bride = I kept waiting for something to happen and nothing really happened and now I feel like we missed some important backstory that would've made added more feeling to it

Inuyashiki = Was depressing in a bad way up until the last minute or so, then it kinda became worth it enough to check out another episode.

Houseki no Kuni = Surprised that I'm enjoying the setting, the weird designs of the enemies and the power-set of the characters. "Gem-powered jailbait" wasn't exactly something I figured I'd stick with
Madzimum Thrill
Admin

http://secretclubhouse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Juuni Taisen 5-
Spoiler:
It's been interesting seeing the backgrounds of each of the fighters. Although I thought I felt that the numbers were off. Damn Tiger getting her drunk on lol!
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Madzimum Thrill on Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:41 am

Inuyashiki 4

Spoiler:

- Well, that got oddly rape-y
- "Wtf Fumino-chan, why you with this guy?"
- Hiro's gonna kill these people, isn't he
- Ohhhhh jeez, our rapey Yakuza boss has an eye on her Neutral
- Wtfffffff
- Oh shit son, she actually got him in the wrist
- Huh, that went better than expected. But why didn't she got to the cops?
- "I'm gonna show you heaven." There's a line, wtf
- INU-FUCKING-YASHIKI
- KILL THEM ALL, OYAJI
- Fuuuck, the bullets put him down Neutral
- He saved him Very Happy
- He just fucking casually drops down 🤣
- Oh my god, that fucking wimpy punch sends him flying
- YAKUZA LASER MASSACRE
- Oh god, it didn't kill them, it removed their eyes and paralyzed them
- Good guy, Oyaji
- I was expecting Hiro to show up and spite-kill them
Madzimum Thrill
Admin

http://secretclubhouse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:07 pm

I'm honestly curious what this alien mecha thing had for criteria when they chose Hiro and Inu-yaji for taking over their bodies
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:45 pm

So I watched Hirune Hime: Shiranai Watashi no Monogatari. It was actually a lot better than I thought it would be. The animation was great, the story was quite enjoyable. It gave me all the feels almost on a level of Namae Wa. (Not as roller-coaster like but warm fuzzy like Boy and the Beast.)
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by enail on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Oh, I haven't seen Boy and the Beast, worth a watch, I take it?
enail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 pm

I enjoy the artist and his story telling. I absolutely loved Wolf Children and I enjoyed Boy and the Beast. This artist is like the new Miyazaki for the current generation.
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by enail on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:27 pm

That's high praise! I didn't see Wolf Children either, I feel like I need to get caught up here!
enail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:00 pm

I cried in some parts of Wolf Children. I really highly recommend it. And Summer Wars! I absolutely looove Summer Wars!
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by enail on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:19 am

I realized after watching Kimi no Na wa that I've actually watched very few anime movies other than Miyazaki ones, I could possibly count them on one hand! I tend to be more of a tv series person than a movie person (short attention span!) but I've enjoyed almost every anime film I've seen, and I just feel kind of ill-informed having seen so little, so I might take your recommendation sometime!
enail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 pm

I rarely see many anime style movies that don't stem off from tv series anime or like you Miyazaki. If anything X/1999 and Utena movies showed me that it tends to get weird like that. But nowadays there's some really interesting stories out there that come out.
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by enail on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:29 am

Yeah, I tend to be wary of movies off of a tv series in general, a lot of the time what works in an episode format just doesn't work as well in a movie-length, they either try so hard to make it big and special that it's ridiculous or totally changes the tone, or it just feels like an episode that ran on too long. Plus for anime ones, they're often just a squished-up and/or alternate take on a summary of part of the tv series, which I usually find a little pointless.  (And omg, the Utena movie! Pretty and stylish enough that I'm not sorry I watched it, but what. the. fuck).
enail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Legit wtf. I kinda wish that Fruits Baskets did a movie if they weren't doing another season. They have JUST barely gotten to the good dark stuff of the manga! But yes. Tv anime that gets movies are more or less just another addition to the long story archs like Inu Yasha/Ranma 1/2/SAO/ which is why I love Miyazaki and *quickly looks up* Mamoru Hosoda because the stories are just so unique.
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by enail on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Yeah, that kind of addition is something I'd only care about for a series I loved so much I had to see everything, which there aren't too many of, but something like Kimi no Na wa or a Miyazaki give you something pretty different that's going to stick with you and I don't think you'd get in the same way from a show or another medium. It's self-contained and specific in a way that lets it really have an emotional resonance, some kind of heart-touching feeling I can't put my finger on.

Did you ever see The Girl Who Leapt Through Time/Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo? I really liked the manga, the movie didn't hang together as well, but it still had that quality of emotion like that for me.
enail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Nope didn't have a chance to get to that one. I can't remember why either Razz
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2