Future Releases

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Future Releases

Post by Lucy on Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:41 am

What games that aren't released yet are you looking forward to? Maybe they're still in development, maybe they're coming out soon, maybe they're in concept and crowdfunding as we speak! Tell us about them here! Idea

I've got a few, but starting with one that was announced recently:

Shadow of the Colossus

Trailer HERE! (set to 1080 or higher for this bad boy, friends)

Technically SOTC isn't a new game.. it was released on PS2 in 2005, and given a wee definition tweak to HD for the PS3 in 2011. The graphics (while they still look okay) are quite dated at this point, but at the time - both graphically and game design wise - it was a boundary pushing game, with a great story, thrilling game play and an amazing soundtrack. All these years and several console "generations" later, it's still one of my favourites. (for reference, here's a video comparison someone did between the graphics of the 2005 game vs. the same "scenes" in the trailer: LINK )

Sony kept this announcement under very tight wraps, and then all of a sudden at e3 said "oh btw we're remaking Shadow of the Colossus from the ground up for the PS4, NBD" and dropped the trailer above.

I absolutely lost my shit.

It looks super beautiful, and I can't wait! It's set to release in 2018, though they haven't specified WHEN in 2018 yet.
Lucy

Back to top Go down

Re: Future Releases

Post by Madzimum Thrill on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:30 am

Mario Odyssey is the big one. When they first revealed it, it didn't really look like a Mario game to me, more like a completely different 3D platformer that Mario was shoehorned into. Then this came out and it was more recognizable, and he threw his hat at a frog and became the frog and hype train jumped to 11/10. Supposed to be out near the holidays.

Others:

Splatoon 2

I've got some mild-hype for this one. I don't even like shooters but Splatoon 1 was fun as fuck and I really liked how the game somewhat didn't even require you to be a good at shooters to be able to contribute to wins (since painting the surface area is the primary objective of the main multiplayer mode). I definitely want to play this one, but games are about $90 with tax in Canada right now and I sort of only get jacked to play multiplayer for a week or two and then I'm done no matter how much fun I'm having.

Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces: As always with Sanic, "mitebcool" to wait to see if it's broken first.

Higher hopes for Sonic Mania, as long as they don't do Sonic 4's "hold forward to maintain physics"

Skyrim Switch

So I popped this into my XBox 360 once and played for like an hour and was like "nope, I don't want to sit tethered to this TV for 200 hours doing things in this game." Now Switch was like "Hey, play it on Handheld, and you can use the Master Sword too" and I'm like "WELP".

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I should have more hype for this, but I haven't played X on the Wii U yet Mad

Yooka-Laylee Switch

N64-style 3D platformers <3
Madzimum Thrill
Admin

http://secretclubhouse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top