FLCL 2 & 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FLCL 2 & 3

Post by Lucy on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:56 pm

Plot Blurb:
In the new season of FLCL, many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together.

Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy. Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school.

Soon enough, Medical Mechanica is attacking her town and Hidomi discovers a secret within her that could save everyone, a secret that only Haruko can unlock.

But why did Haruko return to Earth? What happened to her Rickenbacker 4001 she left with Naota? And where did the human-type robot ‘Canti’ go?

In 2015, Production IG announced that they had taken full possession of the FLCL IP, with the intention of creating more content with it. In 2016, Adult Swim/Toonami came forward and said they were co-producing a sequel to the original FLCL alongside IG.

Now, in 2017, we have a trailer, and a projected release date for FLCL 2 and FLCL 3 (both 6 episodes each) for 2018.

I have to admit, when this was announced I was dubious. I saw the Toonami announcement first, and the potential for it being a bad move was high. Then more info was released (IG co-producing, The Pillows definitely doing the soundtrack), and I was more hopeful but still cautious.

However, the trailer looks better than I anticipated it would. Production IG's animation doesn't look bad, and those phat Pillows' choons are still rocking. The character designs look a little bland, but I'm not going to judge it hard from a 43 second teaser trailer. Razz

Looking forward to this in 2018!

BONUS:

THERE SHE IS, QUEEN ASSHOLE
Lucy

Back to top Go down

Re: FLCL 2 & 3

Post by Tassi on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:00 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tassi

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum