Perfect Sunday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Perfect Sunday

Post by Hornet on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:01 pm

My perfect Sunday would be logistically impossible, since it would start with a copy of the Observer and progress to a trip to a firing range. It'd therefore require me to be in two different countries at once, but whatever.

So; wake up, pain au chocolat or eggs benedict (OR BOTH!) and a latte, read the Observer (Sunday newspaper) and all the supplements and listen to some tunes. Andrew Jackson Jihad or something...

Watch Frasier, then up to the firing range to shoot some .357. Afterwards, go with my wife to a nice bar and have a couple of drams, then out for proper barbecue with brisket and shit (not a roast dinner, fuck roasts.)

Get some reading in wherever I can (public transport or whatever); ideally the back end of a book so I get dat "completed a book" sense of achievement.

Dinner would be charcuterie or a sandwich, maybe at home streaming a movie, maybe in a bar, and at bed-time fall into a Zopiclone-like sleep.
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Re: Perfect Sunday

Post by Tassi on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Fuuuuck this one may take me awhile. It's hard to think what a perfect sunday would be other than not having to work.
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Are we restricted to realism beyond "what if you could get the Observer in a gun-range country"?
Werel

Back to top Go down

Post by Madzimum Thrill on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:37 pm

WRESTLING
ANIME
VIDEO GAMES

Also if it's pouring rain and miserable outside
Madzimum Thrill
Admin

http://secretclubhouse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:54 am

* A no-alarm wake up
* Scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast
* Sunny Weather: Take the dog to the forest park and stroll while she runs and sniffs
* Bad Weather: Fire up the stove and read/movie/vidya
* (Sunny weather's evening plan is the same as the bad weather plan, possibly without the stove lol)
* Take time to cook a favourite meal (Salmon and rice, pork stew, or steak and garlic mash)
* Go to bed, hug doge
Lucy

Back to top Go down

Post by Garlic Junior on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:49 am

- No kids
- No alarms
- Lots of nudity
- Back to sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:29 am

-Strong pot of coffee, crusty baguette, good novel, leisurely laze-around breakfast
-Long walk someplace with trees, look at crows, smell flowers
-No working
-Meet friends for lunch & people watching on a well-shaded downtown patio. If we're going hog wild, fuck lunch, we're going to the PETTING ZOOOOOOOOO
-Still not working
-Lay in a hammock, because this is Perfect Sunday and I own a hammock, read some more
-Do some knitting or something and talk to partner while he makes dinner
-Netflix & chill & indica
-Go to bed without working
Werel

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:35 am

Also,

Hornet wrote:Andrew Jackson Jihad
Hornet wrote:Frasier

Who ARE you
Werel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornet on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Werel wrote:Also,

Hornet wrote:Andrew Jackson Jihad
Hornet wrote:Frasier

Who ARE you

Is that "Who ARE you?" in the sense; "Nice taste I want to know who you are", or is that "Who ARE you" in the sense "That contrast gives me whiplash"?
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by EncouragementMachine on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:21 pm

Hornet wrote:Is that "Who ARE you?" in the sense; "Nice taste I want to know who you are", or is that "Who ARE you" in the sense "That contrast gives me whiplash"?

Can't put words in Werel's mouth, but I'd say the former. You're in good company.
EncouragementMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Both Laughing
Werel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:59 pm

Having wake up sex (if not than sleeping in)
Heading down to one of my favorite places like Pike Place Market or Chinatown and wander around window shopping
Hang out with friends
Binge anime/whatever show I'm in for and take out dinner.

This is usually what I like doing on the few times I'm either not working or have plans already
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Garlic Junior on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:15 am

This Sunday should be pretty good. Wake up in Barcelona with 12+ hours to kill and zero plans

Back to top Go down

Post by janejanejane on Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:40 am

Ooooh... this is tricky.

- Sleep in late, but not too late
- Cup of tea, old music (ideally 1950s/60s) on the radio ...possibly a Frasier episode too, if it's a good one**.
- Really good coffee and pastries (ideally an almond croissant or anything with vanilla or custard), with a glass of fruit juice on the side (any breakfast with eggs, tomato and chilli e.g. huevos rancheros, shakshuka is also a good option)

- Go for a long walk with the SO - either woodlands or on a beach, and now that we have a pup I guess he's with us too (though he's still small so his walking time is limited atm.. and he doesn't even know what a beach is yet).
- Before or after the walk, have a pub lunch - ideally sitting outside with a wood-fired buffalo mozzarella pizza and cider if it's summer, or with some sort of soup with good bread, or chilli, or other delicious comfort food if it's winter.

- Go home and either play a relaxing video game, or read, either with some more good music on or some relaxing TV/film or another. Have some tea, then later either some wine or some really good hot chocolate. Possibly make pancakes/crepes and eat them straight from the pan. Then maybe watch an episode of Poldark or something equally silly before falling asleep in a freshly-made bed (not sure how as changing bedclothes probably doesn't fit into a Perfect Sunday, but still).

** For ages I watched Frasier episodes before starting work in the morning, then realised I'd probably watched the whole series about 3 times over. So I'm taking something of a sabbatical. Laughing Also, R thinks sitcoms in the morning is a bit weird, and I suppose I should take his feelings into account. Razz

Garlic Junior wrote:This Sunday should be pretty good. Wake up in Barcelona with 12+ hours to kill and zero plans
Ace. Very Happy Hope the rest of your trip is great. (swap Barcelona for Venice and I think that'd be R's perfect Sunday...)
janejanejane

Back to top Go down

Post by enail on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:48 am

-wake up, realize I don't have to get up, and go back to sleep for a little bit, but still not wake up too late
-mango sticky rice or maybe a german oven pancake for breakfast
-do some painting
-go out to a nice area with my wife and wander around, stop somewhere for really good tea and some kind of exciting dessert, do some people-watching, buy ingredients to make something cool for dinner
-work on whatever project I'm excited about ATM, come up with a brilliant idea
-play music and sing at the top of my lungs
-make dinner, it's mind-blowingly delicious
-maybe play video games
-stay up late hanging out with wife
enail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top