GLOW

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GLOW

Post by Garlic Junior on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:57 pm

I know a few of us are current or fledgling wrestling fans. Anyone checked out this Netflix show?
Garlic Junior

Back to top Go down

Re: GLOW

Post by enail on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:46 pm

My wife was watching it and I saw the first episode or two. Pretty entertaining! I wouldn't race out to watch more, but if she keeps it up , I'll probably watch along (my dark confession: I have a  near-total passivity about tv, except for some animated stuff and maybe 2 live-action things, there's almost nothing I've ever watched without someone or other giving me a push even if it's something that I theoretically really want to watch).
enail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Not a big wrestler person but I heard the story was good and my 2 roomies are wrestling fans (one of which who's done some of that type of his wrestling himself) So we started watching and I finished it, I liked the characters and the development of the story. Roomie who's done wrestling had his fan boy moments but I know he still needs to finish it. I love that they kept to the classic 80's look of cinematography
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Madzimum Thrill on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Tassi wrote:Not a big wrestler person but I heard the story was good and my 2 roomies are wrestling fans (one of which who's done some of that type of his wrestling himself) So we started watching and I finished it, I liked the characters and the development of the story. Roomie who's done wrestling had his fan boy moments but I know he still needs to finish it. I love that they kept to the classic 80's look of cinematography

Are they old-fogey enough to be interested in message boards?
Madzimum Thrill
Admin

http://secretclubhouse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:59 pm

If he's not streaming his retro games/working/or sleeping? Not sure. You'd get little activity I think for him to keep track of things. You'd really like him though.
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassi on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:09 pm

This was him in his wrestler persona (forget what his name was though)
Tassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Garlic Junior on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:29 am

Get him involved any way.

The storylines were a bit hokey, but I liked it. When Ruth:

Spoiler:
found out she was pregnant right before the birthday party, I thought they would go down the usual "Why aren't you drinking? OMG you're pregnant" drama route, rather than just straight up going for an abortion.

A lot of that kinda stuff really exemplified how unforgiving the industry was back then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top